Friday, February 25, 2011

Conquering the Demons

Demon No 1 - Object Oriented Programming (OOP)

For the computer programming challenged people, OOP is just a computer philosophy used to write computer programs.
It has 10 years now since I first wrote computer programs ( 10th std , Basic Programming) and have been writing them throughout my education and my work, but I have always somehow managed to not learn the OOP concepts.
It has always been at the back of my mind, and I think now is the right time to conquer this demon.
Having just completed my Masters and with the prospect of finding a job in SAP ABAP looking bleak, the reason to learning OOP concepts is all the more relevant.

Demon No 2: Toastmasters ! Its a club who meet every week, where members are given the opportunity to give speeches, talk at table topic sessions and participate in other communication building activities. It has been 8 years since I first started started attending toastmasters, which I discontinued after 2 years I think, for the fear of public speaking.
It has always been on mind, and I'm definitely going to start attending toastmaster again, and be able to speak confidently one day !

No comments: